Central Hypnotherapy Stockport

T:0161 474 8120 / 07748 838 644

E:enquiries@centralhypnotherapy.com

The Best Recommendation

Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008

 

The vast majority of smokers who come to see me to quit smoking have chosen to do so because they know someone who has been to Central Hypnotherapy already and been successful. Word of mouth has always been the best recommendation of all. In addition to that though, I have always sought to build connections with other professions, to raise the profile of hypnotherapy generally. This has become very successful over the years, with quite a lot of my clients eventually coming to hypnotherapy via this route - usually after having tried willpower, gum, patches and other medications, but with no lasting success.  This does not prevent them from being successful with hypnotherapy though, as many doctors and dentists in the Greater Manchester area now know!

In the Beginning

It wasn't always like that, though. When I first launched Central Hypnotherapy I contacted GP practices by letter to explain what hypnotherapy could do, but of course I never got a single referral during the first year. Then it started to change, as my clients reported their personal success with hypnotherapy to their doctor during ordinary consultations.

Regular Contact

So I began sending regular bulletins to GP practices in the Stockport area, and a small supply of my little 'Stop Smoking in One Session' cards. I hoped they would decide to display them in their waiting rooms, alongside all the stuff about nicotine patches and gum. I also sent along copies of my clients' written reports of success, not just for smoking but other issues too. I wanted to build up a general awareness of the kind of success hypnotherapy can produce. I then began to send the same sort of material to dental surgeries.

A Review

After a few years, I decided to assess how many doctors and dentists were happy to display our contact details alongside other promotional literature available in their waiting rooms, so I sent them all a simple Yes or No form, and an s.a.e., explaining that we didn't want to be a nuisance, so if the mailshots were just being chucked straight in the bin anyway, please let us know and we will delete that practice from the mailing list and never bother them again. Then I braced myself for a deluge of requests to kindly 'go away'...

A Nice Surprise

In the event, only 25% of GP practices asked to be removed from the list, and there were some very supportive reassurances from the other 75% of returned forms. Amongst the dental practices, only 15% opted out! So ever since then we have sent cards here, there and everywhere, and will continue to promote hypnotherapy with confidence and enthusiasm!

The "Not Proven" myth

One GP who did opt out also wrote the comment that hypnotherapy for smoking cessation was "not proven", which is a common enough suggestion in medical circles, but I have to say with all due respect that the comment is quite wrong. In fact I prove that hypnotherapy is an excellent smoking cessation method just about every working day of my life, usually in just one session. And when I was asked by Channel M television to prove it by helping one of their staff to stop smoking, I went ahead and did that too - in just one session. 

So if you're a smoker, and you'd rather be a non-smoker, give me a call and I'll prove it to you too! 

Office: 0161-474-8120 or call/text 07748 838 644 any day, any time.


Consultant Hypnotherapist Chris Holmes BA(Hons) HPD DipCAH is a Senior Registered Hypnotherapy Practitioner (General Hypnotherapy Register) and has been providing effective and confidential hypnosis and hypnotherapy services at Central Hypnotherapy for Stockport, Manchester, Tameside and Cheshire since August 2000.

 

Categories for this article

  • Smoking
  • Hypnotherapy
  • Compulsive Habits